Monday, February 6, 2012

Progress in the Little Things

The kids and I went to the library this evening, and as usual, we came home with 2 bags full of books. I have NO self control when I'm there. 

But I realized as I was carrying the books up the steps, that I wasn't tired.  But I remember not that long ago, that every trip to the library was tiring, and carrying the books from the car to the living room was downright exhausting.  And I realized, with great joy, that it's not been an exhausting exercise for some time.

And it's not because we get less books anymore, and it's definitely not because I have started exercising more and have stronger muscles. 

Praise be to God for his gracious strengthening and healing!!!

Oh man does it feel good to finally be going forward instead of backward!  It's been hard, hard work, but I am so thankful to have the patience and knowledge to stick with it.  I was speaking with a good friend today about that very thing, and we both agreed that even knowledge and patience are gifts from the Holy Spirit.  Why He chose to give them to us, we don't know, but we are so thankful for them! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm glad that reading is a hobby for you (and not get tired weigh so many books, is great) if you are not gifts of the Holy Spirit, but certainly is a great gift.
    Blessings! (The google translator sucks)

    ReplyDelete