Monday, February 13, 2012

Deodorant Update

Blogger changed it's format and now I can see how many 'views' are on each of my past posts.  I really only write for my own sake, but it's interesting none-the-less.  My post on deodorant in July of 2010 has 950 views.  Crazy! Who the heck reads this blog?

Anyway, I thought after a year and a half of using it, I should update how it's going. 

*drum roll*  I LOVE it!!  I haven't used deodorant in over a year and never once have I missed it.  I did end up getting a small spray bottle from Target that I keep filled up with HP.  I keep one in my SS box, one in the car and one in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom.  It's great for cuts and scrapes if we're out or any other worry of germs.  And, no matter where I am, there is some handy for if I smell any body odor.  I just spray each armpit a few times and the smell is gone entirely.

I do have to put it on often if it's hot or I'm sweaty.  Although by often I mean every 3 or 4 hours.  But, now, when it's cold, I will go a day or 2 without it sometimes and don't notice any smell.  Yes, it could be that I'm used to it, but my odor sensitive daughter will tell me if I smell-very quickly.

One thing that I love about the deodorant is that almost every household has it.  There have been a number of times that I found myself at someone else's house and smelling.  So far it's always been people I can be honest with, so I ask if they have some hydrogen peroxide, and they always have, and I just put some in my hand and splash it on. Takes seconds and is super cheap and immediately helpful.

I would prefer hydrogen peroxide, as it's supposed to kill the bad germs but not the good.  Whereas rubbing alchohol kills both. But, I just did not find it to work as well.  Compared to the nasty deodorants, I figure this is waaay better anyway.

I also find that there are times when I just smell for a few days, and have to put the stuff on every hour or so.  I finally realized after this happened 2 or 3 times, that I was detoxing during that period.  All the more reason to not use deodorant then!  That hasn't happened since this summer, but I was glad to finally have a reason for it.

In the other post, a commentor mentioned that putting HP on after shaving would be painful. Agreed!  I would not recommend doing it.  However, what I find works beautifully is to spray my armpits and my razor before shaving, so there is no bacteria there.  And I have not gotten a single bump since doing that.  The bumps are caused by knicks that get infected by the armpit bacteria.  But, if you kill them right away, knicks or no knicks, they won't get infected.  It's a beautiful thing!

Drew is back to his deodorant unfortunately.  But, he is naturally worried about smelling at work.  But, if he is smelly, he does use the HP to get rid of the smell before putting his deodorant and he appreciates that it works so quickly.

I'm very happy with my deodorant alternative 18 months later.  I think I can safely say that it's a keeper!


No comments:

Post a Comment