Monday, February 20, 2012

Chronic Fatigue Be Gone!

I do believe I have finally kicked my adrenals back into high gear.  And it feels sooo good not to be tired all the time.

I have always been an active person.  ADHD just might apply to me, although I can sit relatively still for long periods of time if I find something entertaining.  I am a go-getter and generally very motivated.  But there has always been a side to me that was exhausted often also.  I remember when I was 12, I came down with a nasty case of mono.  And it seemed to come back now and then and just smack me upside the head.  Being pregnant was basically 9 months of that.  And then when the babies were born, they didn't sleep for a year, so my energy never came back.  I just blamed that on lack of sleep, stress, etc.  Finally a few years ago it seemed that I was just tired all the time.  And it was after I started feeding myself well, and the kids were sleeping well and my stress was mostly under control.  It was discouraging.

But, after doing some research on my own body and in books, I came to the conclusion that my adrenals were shot after years of running on adrenaline to get anything done.  Plus I came to the conclusion that my body was in constant detox mode.  Which was depressing.

However, this past summer I started noticing that my energy levels were returning.  And this winter, I have noticed that I do have times when I am 'smacked upside the head' and can barely move.  But, rather then lasting a few days and getting me utterly depressed, they last a few hours and my mood doesn't change much.

I have also lost quite a bit of fat/bloating all around.  I was a size 12/14 3 years ago and now I'm an 8/10.  Plus, I am finding my overall moods to be more stable.

I know it's because I have been following the principles from the GAPS diet for the last few years and slowly building my body back up with super nutrient dense foods.  And I've made sleep a priority.  And... because I have learned to, mostly, stop freaking out about things that just aren't worth freaking out about.  Stress is as hard on the body as smoking, perceived or real.  And most of mine was perceived.  What a waste!  :) 

I still have some pretty serious issues to work on (digestive and hormonal-while much better ,are still not where they need to be), but it sure is fun seeing progress!  And this particular area makes it hard to work on the others, so if I was to choose one symptom to lose first, it definitely would have been my chronic fatigue.

Praise be to God for his wonderful blessings!  I hope and pray that I will use this new found energy to bring glory to him


No comments:

Post a Comment