Saturday, November 19, 2011

GAPS Day 20-Intro

Well, I think I've given up hope of ever properly digesting anything besides soup, ever again.  *sighs*  It's not really that bad. And I'm so thankful to have something that tastes good and is not expensive, that I CAN digest.  It's better then having nothing at all!

Thursday I bought the kids each an apple, and they didn't finish them.  I HATE throwing food away, but I knew I had to do it.  Yet I waited, and looked at them, and drooled and whined and eventually talked myself into eating just a few bites. Yikes!  Within 20 minutes I was so bloated I looked like I was pregnant (without that cute pregnant glow).  I had a few other minor 'cheats' that day, but I'm fairly certain it was the apple.  I have never in my memory, been able to eat apples (raw), carrots (also raw), starburst or skittles without having this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. Isn't that an odd combination?  What can those things possibly have in common to cause the same weird feeling in my stomach?  I've never figured it out, still clueless.  But I do know from experience, that my body does not digest apples well. I am hoping that I will in time, heal enough to eat apples without any bloating or weird feelings.  Obviously I'm not there yet.

Other then some residual bloating and what seems to be some minor detoxing last night, I am feeling pretty good.

I still start most mornings with a walk and a detox bath where I do my daily Scripture reading. 

I am still eating the same diet as earlier in the week.  I did add warm water with lemon squeezed into it.  I really dislike lemon water, but it's supposed to be great for constipation, so I finally sucked it up and added that to my morning routine.  So I start my day with that and try to wait 20 minutes.  And then I drink approx 1 cup of carrot juice, mixed with 1/2 cup of kefir and one raw egg yolk.  I take my cod liver oil with that, as it washes it down quite nicely.  I am taking approx 1 tbls of the FCLO at the moment.  That is a bit high, but I'm only taking that much for now.  You can't OD on the fermented stuff, so I'm not worried about that.  I try to wait another 20 minutes or so before eating my soup with veggies of any sort, some garlic powder and meat.  I let it cool a bit and add 2 egg yolks and some kefir cream and sauerkraut.  The kids have the same thing basically as myself for breakfast.

Phew, it's a cleanup job after all of that!  But we have managed to do school every morning, and start by 9.  So that makes me happy.  It's a lot of food and I'm quite stuffed for some time. I should wait on the soup probably, but it makes it complicated with school and all. 

For lunch I try and eat what I am feeding the family if possible, and eat a bowl of soup with kefir and egg yolk added.

Snack is 2 yolks and approx 1/2 cup of yogurt and some cinnamon.  I like to freeze it for a bit so it's almost like ice cream.  I miss the honey, but it's still tasty enough for now.  The kids get yogurt with honey and berries.

Supper for the kids is eggs, and I still haven't added in scrambled eggs for me  yet.  I just do my soup routine with the yolk and kraut and kefir cream.

Oh, and I have beet kvass as often as I can.  Generally just before a meal, I'll drink 1 cup.

I have been quite faithful to eliminate every morning.  Still a 2 on the charts, so the transit time is too long.  But it's better then a kick in the head with a wet sneaker as they like to say (who says that, I really don't know).  No enemas yet, although I'm not convinced I'm doing the right thing there.  

And I do my best to end the night with an epsom salt bath.

I'm learning more about how the body works, and I like that.  I am also privileged to have 2 very close people doing the gaps diet right now with themselves and their families, so that has been helpful and encouraging to me.  And I am always learning something new from them.

I will continue status quo for the time being. 

I am so thankful that I am friends with the Creator of this universe.  I do wish he would share the secrets of the human body with me more freely, but I am encouraged that he does know, and he does care, and he will lead me, as long as I am willing, to allow my body to heal.

I am praying that as I unravel my own issues, that it will help me in dealing with my family's health issues. I feel like a detective, trying to gather all the clues and use them to my advantage.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment