Monday, November 7, 2011

GAPS Day 7, Intro

Well, yesterday was the best day so far.  I felt so good.  My hormones mostly straightened out.  I finally was able to see my precious 1st graders at church after a whole month.  I had energy all day and felt great.  Even my skin feels softer then usual.

I started the morning with my bible reading in a bath of baking soda.  I'm starting to really like that in my bath! 

For breakfast, I first juiced carrots and added an egg yolk and kefir cream, and I take a tbls of cod liver oil with it.  And then I made a soup of broth, salt, carrots and chicken, added 2 egg yolks and sour cream, and ate some of that before heading out to church.  I also made my mineral water and brought that along to church.

Drew was exhausted and sick, so he stayed home.

It was great to be back to church again.  And I felt so great, so that was a bonus. I'm used to being hungry on diets, so this feeling of being satisfied is odd for me. 

For lunch I just heated up my soup again.  And added one yolk and kefir cream.  Oh, I've been trying to drink diluted beet kvass 3 or 4 times throughout the day.  It's not great tasting, but it's not terrible either.

I did have a small bowel movement on my own, a 2 on the charts.  Still no headache, so I am forgoing the enemas yet another day.

I was surprised how much less broth I consumed yesterday.  I'm guessing it was around 2 cups!  Yikes, that is a lot less then 1/2 gallon or 16 cups! I did still eat about 10 egg yolks, 1 cup of beet kvass, 1/4 cup of kefir cream, 2 cups of carrot juice, 2 tbls of cod liver oil and some chicken and carrots. 

I dialogued with someone else starting gaps intro this weekend.  It's so fun to hear people's stories of how such simple, traditional, old-fashioned, REAL foods affect people.

Myia, poor dear, was a mess.  Her breathing was a mess, she had an eczema rash thing on her neck and side (which she has seldom has in her 8 years and many health issues), and her stomach was terribly bloated.  The 2 things she consumes that are non-full gaps are raw milk and lime-soaked corn tortillas.  All traditional, good foods, but hard to digest.  Her milk intake has been really low lately and she had 2 corn tortillas last night, but other then that, nothing since last Sunday night.  I suspect that it might have been a stress reaction to my grumpiness this past week.  I don't know for sure, and may never know.  But I know that girl's digestion is extremely sensitive, and I was extremely grumpy and stressing her out.  So it's possible.  I'll watch her, and if it doesn't get better in the next few days, we'll have just soups for a few days. It always seem to help whatever is wrong.

I also fear that with her breathing issues, she has developed bad breathing habits. Both Saturday night and Sunday night, she was really physically active, and I wonder how much that messes her up.  And how in the world to correct it.

Plus Drew thinks her breathing issues could be ticks, which would make sense with my grumpiness.  But her bloating is definitely not a tick.  Her elimination is fine, although a bit light, meaning she is not digesting her fats real well at the moment.  But that comes and goes. It could also be cyclical. I watch her pretty closely and it's possible that her body is just going through a cleansing cycle.

Who knows, who knows.  Her diet is very clean for the most part, so I really do believe that we are moving forward, not backward.  I'm so thankful I found gaps and the principles in it, to guide me in feeding and healing my family! 

Anyway, last night I had an epsom salt bath (while reading Wilkie Collin's Woman in White) and then had another bowl of soup, but this time I had added some chopped onions which had cooked for a few hours.  Yum!!!!!  I also added the yolk and sour cream and had a glass of beet kvass.  I slept great and woke up rested this morning.

I even woke up early enough to go for a walk. I don't think I ever adjusted to the day light savings time and now my body is back in rhythm.  Weird.  But I do love my morning walks!! The earlier the better.

Man, it feels good to feel good!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment