Sunday, November 6, 2011

GAPS Day 6, Intro

Well, yesterday was the best day yet.  My energy was higher and my mood, finally, was much more stabilized. Yeah!  I also did have one bowel movement, type 2, and kind of small.  But, it was there none the less. :)  I have not done an enema since day 3.  But I've not had that 'headache' that means I really need one, so I've let it go.

I did feel like a lot of pressure in my stomach was released yesterday, and my overall bloating was also taken down a few notices.  I got my period this morning, so that explains a lot of that. 

I consumed the same as usual, approx 1/2 gallon of broth, 10 egg yolks, 1/4 kefir cream, 2 cups of carrot juice, and 1 tbls cod liver oil.  I also added in bitters yesterday with some lemon juice.  I wonder if that was a bit part of my mood stabilizing.  It seemed to get better around that time.  Who knows. 

Drew was under the weather, plus he had a flea market, plus he had a father/daughter dance, but he managed it.  Now I expect him to sleep until it's time to go to work on Monday. Poor guy! 

I took 2 detox baths, one baking soda and one epsom salt. I am beginning to really like the baking soda ones.  I feel like they make my skin softer and less itchy all over.  

I could not drink my last cup of broth last night.  I shredded some carrots into it and cooked it for an hour, and had a few bites of that.  Today I'll eat more well cooked carrots and for supper I will probably add chicken. Yeah!!!  I'll probably add some dried herbs tomorrow, along with onion.  So, I'm basically onto the 'real' intro gaps diet. 

Yeah for 'real food' that I can consume with a spoon. I've been very happy with how it has gone down, but man, it's hard to only drink broth for days!  I'm thankful for some real food.  Now I'll go through the diet, still adding one food back in at a time.  I started the fish fermented yesterday, so I look forward to trying that in a few days.  And I'll add back in beef and beets, and then hopefully ghee.  And then scrambled eggs.  *droolling*

Off to enjoy my 'real' carrots!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment