Saturday, November 5, 2011

GAPS Day 5, Intro

Yesterday wasn't too bad. I was hungry more, but I suspect it's because my  broth wasn't as fatty and gelatinous. It wasn't so much hunger as it was a lack of fullness. I added my fermented cod liver oil. I had a spoonful twice yesterday, washed down with carrot juice. Yeah!!!  Trying to heal without cod liver oil just seems silly.  :)

Yesterday I consumed about the same as the day before.  Approx 1/2 gallon of broth, 10 egg yolks, 1/4 of kefir cream, 1 cup of beet kvass and 2 cups of carrot juice. Nothing measured, all approximates. 

I am so emotional and messed up, it's driving me crazy!  But I'm fairly certain it's pms, so I'm trying to wait it out before I try to start solving any 'problems'. 

Drew is sick, and the kids are off. Although I'm fairly certain their 'offness' is because of my emotional instability.  Man, a mom's job is really important in a family!  And emotional stability is extremely helpful and hard to live without.  No wonder we were such a mess for so long. It's hard not to look back and be discouraged.  But I'm so glad my God is bigger then my mistakes.  And I'm so thankful he has allowed me to see it before my kids were too old.  I am truly blessed!

Today I add in my swedish bitters.  Woot woot!  Again, healing without them seems counter-intuitive.

I had less bloating yesterday, which feels good.  I looked pretty darned good. But I have to remember that that is NOT why I'm doing this. :) 

I had 2 baths last night. My first one in the morning, while doing my bible reading, and the 2nd one at night with my last cup of broth. 

I also had a much needed adjustment.  I so hope someday to NOT need those!  At least not as often. 

I pray I do better with the kids today.  I hate not meeting their needs.  They have so many right now, and I am the only one that can meet them. I still find it hard to believe it used to be this bad all the time! 

Oh, I am reading I Thessalonians for my monthly NT reading.  I want to make this my theme for my healing.  '23Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.'

That is my goal.  To have my whole self sanctified and kept blameless until He returns.  I'm so thankful that HE will do it, and not me!  To God be the glory.  

No comments:

Post a Comment