Wednesday, November 23, 2011

GAPS Day 24-Intro

Woo hoo!  I am going, regularly, and not quite as dry-ish.  Yeah!!!!  It's not perfect yet, but it's so nice to be going in the right direction.  It's been over a  year since I stopped eliminating on my own.  And I'm finally going!  I hope it's to stay.

And that is in spite of the fact that I have 'cheated' way more then I intended.  I have had 'licks' of honey and berries that I put in the kids yogurt.  I've been deathly afraid of sweet anything, as I have candida issues, and I know they tend to feed any parasites/worms also.  But, I have not gone into 'crave' mode, and no unusual itching.  I'm still not going to indulge in the stuff for my own sake, but it's nice not to be scared of bits and pieces.  And, with thanksgiving tomorrow, there is no way I'll be able to resist it all entirely.  I could totally resist things that are non-gaps, but otherwise, not so much.  So, again, I'm not going to go crazy over it all, but I shall enjoy licks and tastes and maybe even a piece of my raspberry pie.

I've had some raw veggies, and it seems ok.  And I've had some raw cheese.  Both are fine on full gaps, but both can be a bit difficult to digest, and until I'm going regularly, I want to eat as simple as possible.

I am still having lots of soup, although it seems less the last few days.  I've had it for 2 of 3 meals the last 2 days.  I also had scrambled eggs yesterday and they seemed fine.  Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!  It's nice to progress.  I do still get this big belly now and then, but it does not come with any discomfort, so I am not going to stress over it too much.

My feet hurt just a bit last night in bed and it reminded me of last year when I was in so much pain, I could barely stand.  Boy am I glad that is over! I also realized that last year my feet burned when I took a bath.  Esp if I had just come from a walk and they were cold.  Yesterday I went for a walk, and got into the tub for my morning detox bath and scripture reading, and I realized that I had an expectation of them burning and having to keep them out of the water.  And they didn't.  I had forgotten all about that until yesterday though.  I also always have cold feet when it's even remotely cold in the house.  I wear my trusty wool socks and I'm fine.  I wonder if I now have better circulation in my feet and won't need the socks as much.  Hum....

Last year I also remember feeling like my bones were so fragile and would break at the drop of a hat, almost literally.  It was such an awful feeling.  I definitely do not feel that way anymore.  And I'm so thankful!!  It's horrible to be 32 and feel 80.  I really think I would have broken a bone ridiculously easy, but I'll never know for sure.  I think, assume and hope that my bone density has increased greatly.  Woo hoo!!  

My back still does not hold an adjustment as long as I like, but it's better overall.  It seems worse after laying down, like there was pressure being put on it while in that position.  So many clues, but I don't know what they're telling me!?! 

My mood is still off, but it seems to be getting better in dribs and drabs, so that is ok.  The kids are off, fighting over everything under the sun.  Myia is angry again and Samuel is poking and annoying (horrible combination!).  And I am convinced that it's my parenting, but I'm not sure exactly what to do about it.  So I'm praying on that front at the moment . I want to get back to where we can all be together and enjoy ourselves.  Not every second is that bad, like it used to be.  But it's still more selfishness then is necessary and I want to get it back under control.  Geesh, so much depends on a mother, it's too much pressure!  'If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy' is such a true statement!

But, all in all, I see growth in myself, in all areas of my life.  Not just from GAPS, but it is certainly helping! 

I have so much to be thankful for this thanksgiving.  Of course, not technically more then any other year, as God says to give thanks in EVERYTHING.  But I 'feel' more thankful this year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment