Tuesday, November 15, 2011

GAPS Day 16, Intro

Well, I'm still about the same place as I was the last time I posted.  Which is ok.  I didn't 'go' yesterday or Sunday hardly at all.  And I was starting to panic and had decided to do a small enema tonight to clear out the rectum.  But, thankfully, I went this morning. Yeah!  And while it couldn't possibly be enough for 3 days, it was a decent amount and I felt good afterwards. So hallelujah to that!

I am consuming soups with well cooked veggies, meats and egg yolks.  I am doing carrot juice with egg yolk and kefir cream and cod liver oil first thing in the morning (although this morning I started with warm water with lemon in it, as it's supposed to be a 'laxative' on an empty stomach-who knows, since I went before i had the water), followed by soup with 2 egg yolks.  For lunch I have the same thing, along with kombucha (2 weeks fermented and no juice added) with my bitters in it, and some cultured carrots or sauerkraut or pickle.  For my snack I have some yogurt mixed with an egg yolk and cinnamon.  And supper is the same meal as the rest.

So, like I said, I'm at about the same place.  I didn't want to add scrambled egg or ghee until I wasn't constipated, so I might try making the ghee today.  It would be nice to add the scrambled eggs in.

I am doing ok.  I feel good, although a bit grumpy with the kids still (I am turning that into a spiritual battle at the moment and hoping to find victory over it), esp in the evenings.  I am doing my 2 baths most days.  I am reading in Leviticus for my OT reading and I Thessalonians for my monthly NT reading.  School is going well.  I am looking really good as far as weight.  I do not want that to be my reason for continuing, but it's a nice 'nudge' when I'm wanting some food I'm not ready for!

I really do think I'm digesting my food for the most part.  Yeah!!  I just need to get my elimination better.  I might have seen some worms/parasites again today, which is a bit discouraging.  I also suspect I saw candida in my saliva today.  Again, discouraging, but, not really.  More just a reminder that I need to keep off the sweet things a bit longer to get my gut balanced with those critters.  And it's good to know my body is doing what it's supposed to do.

For the moment, other then maybe trying the ghee and gently scrambled eggs, I'm going to keep on what I'm doing.  My goal is to consume 6 raw egg yolks a day, broth with every meal, veggies and a limited amount of protein (enough to make me feel full, but not enough to constipate me more), my fclo, bitters, carrot juice and lots of cultured foods every day.  I feel those are the most healing foods and long-term, will really heal me up. 

I'll 'cheat' as little as I can, and when I feel I am ready, I shall add in something else from the next 'stage' of gaps.  I am hoping to add in avocado and spices before too long as well.  My food is easy, tasty and filling for the most part.

I am also thinking through the possibility of doing one day a week of just broth.  Humm...   No reason if I don't think it will facilitate healing.  But, if it will, then it's something I'd like to consider. 

My goal is proper, real digestion of all foods I eat.  Is it possible?  We'll see.

1 comment: