Thursday, November 10, 2011

GAPS Day 10, Intro

Yesterday was fine.  Nothing unusual in the form of detox or exhaustion or cravings. Although I do sooo want some raisins right now. :)

I had a nice walk yesterday morning, followed by a detox both of baking soda, when I read I Thessalonians and a few chapters of Egypt.  It's amazing how stubborn those people are!  The parallels to my own life are sadly obvious.  BUT, God did not give up on them, and I know he will not give up on me either.

Yesterday I started the day with my usual carrot juice mixed with an egg yolk and kefir cream. I consumed 6 bowls of soup containing roast, chicken, carrots, peppers, onions, peas and the spice from a bay leaf.  That was a nice addition.

I also consumed probably 2 cups of beet kvass throughout the day, my usual bitters and cod liver oil and some yogurt mixed with egg yolk and cinnamon.  I was mostly satisfied throughout the day.

Oh, I also tried my fermented mackerel and fermented sardines.  I was scared to try them, but they tasted a lot like canned salmon.  The texture was a bit more slimy, but not too bad.  I can snack on them throughout the day, but it will take some creativity to get my family to eat it.  I'll figure that out eventually though.  :)

My bloating has not returned.  I did have one relatively small #2 bowel movement yesterday morning and this morning.  I have done so for the last 5 mornings.  I like the regularity.  My back hurts because of the need for more evacuation, but otherwise, I'm doing ok, so I am going to hold off on the enemas still.

I also have not seen what I am quite sure are worms/parasites in my stools lately, so I hope and pray I have gotten the better of those.  And I have not been itchy like I always am, nor have I craved sweet things intensely like I usually do (other then raisins, but even that has not been intense), so I also hope and pray that my candida is finally getting under control.  Woo hoo!!!!

I stayed up late reading The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins.  I'm still not done, but had to finally put it down around 11 when I couldn't stay awake any longer.  Which means that I slept in this morning and that has thrown all of the morning off.  But with the time change last weekend, we're still doing ok.

Kids have finished their chores, so it's time to start school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment