Friday, November 4, 2011

Christmas Trip Menu

My MIL has paid for the whole family to stay 2 nights in a hotel for Christmas, the last 2 years.  And we love it! The kids esp love swimming with the cousins and eating together and watching movies together. 

The first year I brought most of our food.  Then last year I brought our food, plus extra for the rest of the family.  It was a hit.  Now, this year, I'm a far better cook, and far more confident and healthy.  And I have an idea of what the family likes and how to pack for a hotel. 

And, since we are snowed in from church, I'm feeling Christmas-y and plan-y.  So I have the menu planned out.  We will probably eat one meal out (Myia and I will have to eat what I brought, but the boys can eat out), and the rest of the family will eat out more. But, I'll put the spread before them, let them know what is available and that we will be eating in our 'restaurant/hotel room' and they can join us whenever they like.  Whatever does not get eaten will be leftovers for us.  :)  I'm really excited about it.  

Here it is:

BREAKFAST:
-banana bean cake/muffins
-strawberry yogurt (1/2 gallon)
-mango smoothie (1/2 gallon)
-granola/raisins/milk
-clafoutis

LUNCH:
-bread
-condiments
-cheese
-onion slices
-ham sliced
-roast sliced
-Sauerkraut carrot salad
-egg salad with ham
-pickles

SOUPS/SUPPER: 
-Corn Chowder
-Taco Soup
-Chili

SNACKS:
-apples, bananas, tangerines, grapes
-corn chips, fermented salsa, fermented guacamole
-caramel corn
-candied nuts

DRINKS:
-raw milk
-kombucha
-oj
-grape and apple juice (with whey for enzymes)
-iced tea
 
EXTRAS:
-grated cheese
-sour cream

I plan on freezing the soups and heating them up in the crock pot.  It worked great last year.  All disposable utensils and plates/bowls. 

It's so fun to be organized!  Now let's see if I can pull it off......

No comments:

Post a Comment