Friday, October 15, 2010

Food Thermos for Cold Weather Lunches

Last year we bought a food thermos for Drew to take food to work.  We weren't sure if we were going to like it, but he has used it all year, and now I am going to buy 3 more for the kids and I when we go out.  It's so fabulous I just had to share.



It's perfect for soups.  You can put any warm hotdishy type food in it, or cold things for that matter.  But my favorite thing for it is soups.  They stay warm for hours and are so easy to eat out of it, so filling and nourishing, cheap and simple.

Last fall I remembering desperately wishing to like soups.  By the spring of this year, I was sad to have soup season be done.  Yeah for progress!!  I've already made a number of yummy soups since the weather turned cold 2 weeks ago.

For taking with you, it's so easy to heat up a leftover soup and throw it into the thermos.  Pack a spoon and you're good to go.  You can pack a thing of bread or cheese to go along with it if you like.  Sometimes I'll send a separate container with extras that Drew adds when he eats it, like sour cream or salsa or corn chips. 

And lucky for me, I can eat the same soup 5 days in a row and not find it annoying. :)  My kids do pretty well with it, but Drew definitely needs variety. 

The thermos also works great for fried rice meals, pasta meals and even potato gratin type dishes if the potatoes are cut small enough.

I'd love to buy a stainless steel food container for the meals that Drew doesn't want all mixed together.  And then find an insulated small storage bag that would keep it warm/cold until he ate it.



But for now, I'm very thankful for the Thermos!

8 comments:

  1. I got the kids thermos bottles at Target this year and they do keep it warm. I have an old bottle that didn't work as well. The kids have fun ones. Ella has princess and Rylan sports. Just something to consider. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree with all the ideas you've offered for your post. They're really
    convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are too quick for starters.
    May you please prolong them a bit from subsequent time?
    Thanks for the post.

    Also visit my weblog community.onesourcejewelrysupply.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. When someone writes an paragraph he/she maintains the plan of a user in his/her mind that how a user can know it.
    Thus that's why this post is great. Thanks!

    Also visit my web site :: androsolvereview.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today, I went to the beach front with my kids. I found a sea
    shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear."
    She placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but
    I had to tell someone!

    my website - Male Enhancement Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's an amazing paragraph designed for all the web viewers; they will get advantage from it I am sure.

    My homepage - Seo Minneapolis MN
    Also see my site - Minneapolis Seo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding skills so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

    My page Mizulean Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read so many articles on the topic of the blogger
    lovers except this post is actually a pleasant paragraph, keep it up.


    Feel free to surf to my web site ... Buy Mizulean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yesterday, while I was at work, my sister stole my iPad
    and tested to see if it can survive a twenty five foot drop, just so she can
    be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83
    views. I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it
    with someone!

    Look into my web-site: Read �

    ReplyDelete