Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I love being a Sunday School Teacher!!!!

I have the honor of leading the 1st Grade Sunday School class at Hawthorne Gospel Church in Hawthorne, NJ.  I've done so for 3 1/2 years and have truly come to believe I am blessed to be able to use my gifts for the Lord in this way.  My most important ministry is my family, by far.  But the Lord saw fit to allow me this one other outlet to serve him and I so appreciate it!

We have had a missions-focus the last month.  Two weeks ago we visited 'Olpiro', a village in Tanzania that our church has had the honor of helping to spread the gospel and build a church-first of souls and now of real wood and brick. It's very exciting!  The 1st graders were given passports and plane tickets and we transported the Sunday school room into an airplane and 5 stations that depicted the life of the children in Olpiro. I don't know if the kids or teachers had more fun. :)  I was giddy with excitement the night before.  You'd think I was going on a real trip to Africa! 

And then last week, we were given a special assignment to create a banner for our missions pastor to take with him to Olpiro next week, to hang up for the dedication of the new church building.  What an honor!  The kids had so much fun putting their handprints on the banner.  And it looked fabulous!



I just had to share my special blessings.  Good things are more fun when shared. :)

Here is a picture of our banner in Tanzania.

1 comment:

  1. +$3,624 PROFIT last week...

    Get 5 Star verified winning bets on NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL + Anti-Vegas Smart Money Signals!!!

    ReplyDelete