Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Winds they are A Changin'

I'm so excited, and so nervous. Those seem to be the emotions that go along with change.

I've spent the last 2 years really digging in and learning about the amazing bodies that God gave us, specifically how they work in relation to nutrition, etc. It's been such an amazing ride!  God has shown me so much.  And I'm very happy with where we are with regards to our daily food intake, and I feel I have a pretty good idea of how to deal with most diseases and other body-related issues.   Not nearly perfect of course, and I know it will continue to be a passion of mine, well, hopefully forever.  I hope to read the latest (and the oldest) scientific and clinical studies.  I hope to continue to expand my  knowledge on how best to care for my body and the bodies of the family God has given me.  I do believe, 100%, that it is of utmost importance to care for our bodies, as they are temples of the Holy Spirit.  And vessels which he wants to use for his glory.

I've also spent the last 5 years studying child rearing, development and education.  But, it kind of took a back-seat when I realized the huge gap in my nutritional knowledge.  I realized that no matter how much I taught or trained my children (or myself), it would do no good if we could not process the information in our brains, or carry through with our bodies.  I knew I had to get that under control before I could get back to concentrating on education and training.

About 6 months ago, my passion for studying education and child development started to be fanned and to grow again.  I was excited, because I knew that it meant that God was going to be leading me back in that direction of study and learning and implementing again.  And I was ready!! 

I started the school year (Sept 2009), with Myia in 1st Grade. We started with the daily schedule, but it was not working.  I knew that would happen, or expected it.  But I didn't know what to do about it.  Unfortunately, I can't do anything if I don't have a firm grasp on the whole concept. And I knew my knowledge of education and child development was lacking and not a strong enough foundation to build a solid education on. But yet, I also knew I was not able to study it or do anything about it at the moment.  We pretty much stopped in November.  I was doing more harm then good and knew it needed to stop. My main concern was for family who would be worried that I wasn't teaching my daughter like the main stream thinks a 6 year old ought to be taught.  Well, I swallowed my pride and decided to trust God that he would bring it back when we were ready.

That is why I was so excited to get the 'itch' about 6 months ago.

Woo hoo!!  Now, I'm on fire, I'm passionate. I'm so excited about training and teaching and educating my children (and myself).  I know that is where it needs to start.

I'm still not sure what it will look like exactly, although I am working out those details slowly but surely.  But I have a mission, a vision and a passion. I'm scared, I'm nervous.  I'm afraid it will make me even 'crazier' then I already am.  But... when God calls, I have to follow.

So, in regards to the blog, it will continue to be my 'diary'.  I'll keep it public, but it's really just my diary of my thoughts and ideas and links, recipes, etc. that I want to keep.

I'll continue to post recipes that I want to keep, meal plans to help me order my week and hold me accountable and book reviews, as they help me to think through what I just read.

I hope to spend less time on the computer, as I pursue my own 'scholar education' while also working on finding and implementing a daily routine that will take the Innis family where God wants us to be.

So excited!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment