Friday, February 19, 2010

Favorite Links Friday

*big sighs*  I ruined my year old, beautiful sourdough starter.  I wanted to cry when I realized what I did!  I had gotten it out to make bread and waffles.  I went to get a jar for putting away some back into the fridge like I always do.  But I must have gotten distracted and never actually got to putting it in the fridge.  I used up all the starter for waffles, assuming I had already put some away.  This morning I realized what I did and nearly cried.  My SIL has a starter, and she is going to send me a few tablespoons of hers from Iowa.  Hopefully that will make it easier then starting all over again.  *big sighs*  My starter was my friend.  We were buddies.  We worked together to make our grains more digestable and to raise without yeast.  And now... it's gone!  Ok, done ranting now.

I did order my heirloom seeds from  Seed Saver Exchange in Iowa.  I'm excited to try my hand at gardening again. We are determined to get it right this year!  :)  Click here to see my posts from last year's 'try' at Square Foot Gardening.  We are NOT giving up, we'll get it!!!  



Some favorite links from the last two weeks:

1.  I can't help it: my beautiful niece and nephew (sorta) in Minnesota. 

2.  I FINALLY made my own deodorant, using this recipe.  I've been meaning to for 2 years now and only finally got to it. So far it's working fine.  The real test will be when it's hot.  I put it in a small glass container and I just scoop some out with my fingers and rub it on my armpits.  It melts with the body heat. 

3.  Here is some fabulous personal experience regarding teeth issues and a WAP diet.  And a quote from Cure Tooth Decay.  Great info! 

4.  If you think you may be suffering from adrenal fatigue, I would highly recommend you read this 'series': Part 1 and Part 2 and Part 3.  I was able to get the book she suggested from my library.  I can't wait to read it!  I know we have adrenal/thyroid issues here. 

4..  If you are interested in learning to cook in a traditional, nourishing way, but are overwhelmed, check this class out. 

5.  Here are some great tips for menu planning/grocery budgets, etc.  Be sure to check out the comments, I learned a lot there also. 

6.  Here are some great tips for health, not JUST eating the right foods. 

7.  Here is a recipe for flourless chocolate cake.  I haven't tried it yet, but I'd like to...

8.  Elizabeth at 'The Nourished Life' is going to try a two week long raw milk diet.  Follow it here if you are interested. 

9.  I finally bought soap nuts after reading this.  My detergent is almost out, and it costs $20 for the stuff from WFM.  So I wanted to try the soap nuts this time.  I haven't used them yet, but I'm excited to.  I hope I like them! 

10.  Katie at Kitchen Stewardship asked a bunch of 'real food bloggers' questions and compared them side by side. It was a great idea and fun read.  Click here for the list and you can click on any of the links to see the various 'face-offs'.  It's a fun read!

11. I'm glad I'm not the only one who had no idea flour came from grains (another person who had no idea).  :)

Phew!  I had a lot of favorites the last two weeks.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. New Diet Taps into Revolutionary Concept to Help Dieters LOSE 15 Pounds in Just 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete