Monday, January 4, 2010

Meal Plan Monday

I am going to try a week long 'broth fast', along the lines of the Gaps Diet.  I'll try 5 days with just broth (flavored with garlic, ginger and other herbs and spices), and slowly add back in things, like eggs, fermented veggies, meats, dairy, etc.  I don't really need it for allergies to my knowledge, but more for a cleaning out from the junk I ate in December, and to jump start my over-all health. Plus I hope to have a great experience and make my husband want to do it, and figure out the mechanics so I can get my daughter on it also.  She has some breathing issues I'd like to work on and this makes the most sense.


I'm also hoping to make January a mostly wheat free month.  Actually, I'm hoping to cut out most grains except brown rice.  I don't feel nearly prepared for that, so I'm sure we'll consume more of my sourdough bread then I prefer.  But I really want to give it a try.  I really want to test my husband and daughter for allergies to wheat esp.  I highly suspect they are sensitive to it. 


Breakfast and supper options

Lunch, served with kombucha for all:


Monday: Hard Cooked Egg Drops (Joy of Cooking, p.170)
Tuesday: Canned Salmon over Rice
Wednesday: Chicken Soup
Thursday: Pepperoni Pizza with crust
Friday: Liver Dumplings (Joy of Cooking)
Saturday: Baked Potatoes with hamburger meat
Sunday: Fried Potatoes and Meat

No comments:

Post a Comment