Wednesday, September 16, 2009

James 4:17

Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to
do and does not do it, to him it is sin.
 James 4:17

It seems the more I search for truth, the further from the 'norm' I deviate.  And frankly, it's a bit depressing.  I was out walking this morning and begging God to encourage me and guide me and show me truth.  
I came home and read James.  And the above verse stood out.  
I, and only I, am responsible for what truths the Holy Spirit has shown me.  And, on the flip side, I am ONLY responsible for what He has shown me, and not what He has shown others (or, for what He has yet to show me).  
I will continue to study the Word, pray and beg for the Holy Spirit to direct and guide me to glorify Him in whatever ways He sees fit. Even if it makes me stand out like a blue carnation in the midst of a daisy field. 

No comments:

Post a Comment