Monday, August 17, 2009

Meal Plan Monday

I'm excited to have a few new breakfast items (which we often use for last minute lunches/suppers as well).

1. I made some granola last week and we really liked it-I changed the recipe some and will post my version once I've perfected it-I want to make it mostly grainless like this one. It's so nice to have an easy meal always available! And we all love it.

2. We have come to love egg sandwiches for a special treat now and then. I toast the sourdough bread, put mayo and sliced pickles on it (not homemade lacto-fermented, but someday...), and then I fry up some onions, bacon and eggs, and put them on the toast. We all love it!

3. Hash browns with the eggs. Another favorite, and it's so easy. I peel and shred 2 potatoes. I soak them in cold water for 15 minutes, I've read it's supposed to get the starch out, but I don't know if that is good or bad. I'll need to do more research there. I squeeze them out as much as I can and then fry them in the leftover bacon grease and butter from the friend egg. We all love them. There is so much you can do with it. You can add raw eggs and fry them as patties, or add all kinds of veggies, or salsas or sauces. I love versatile recipes!.


Breakfast:
Options: eggs, bacon, egg sandwiches, hash browns, yogurt, sourdough pancakes , french toast casserole, sourdough waffles (2nd waffle recipe), breakfast cookies and raw egg yolk smoothies, granola .

Lunch, served with kombucha for all:
Monday: Fish Cakes and potato fries
Tuesday: Chicken Garden Salad
Wednesday: Not your Average Liver and Onions
Thursday: Hot Dogs and sprouted wheat berry 'mac & cheese'
Friday: CPK's Thai Pizza
Saturday: Curry Chicken and Rice
Sunday: Roast and Veggies

Supper: Generally leftovers, popcorn and smoothie, PB& honey sandwiches or veggies and PB, or any of the breakfast options.

No comments:

Post a Comment