Friday, July 3, 2009

It's growing!!!

We were so excited this morning. Our garden is sprouting... sprouts! Woo hoo! Aren't they so adorable? They are some kind of lettuce-I can't remember which. We'll have to thin them out in a day or 2, but for now we're enjoying seeing something grow after all our efforts.


So, of course I'm looking for all the fun ways we can eat our salads. This bacon and avocado salad is one I really want to try when they are ready to eat. We all enjoy lettuce salads, so it's a good first crop.

I'm hoping that if I get the hang of growing things, I can take some of them inside and grow them year round. Namely, lettuce, herbs and tomatoes. I wonder if it's possible...

We are soo wanting to get a farm with yard and grow all kinds of things. Drew saw fig trees he really wants. And of course we want rows of berry bushes and fruit trees, rhubarb patches and asparagus ditches....

I wonder if we sissyfied-city folk could do the farm-thing. Green Acres is the place for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment