Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Coconut Peanut Butter (Freezer) Fudge Recipe

I made some coconut freezer bark a while back. It is a way to get coconut oil into you without it tasting too coco-nutty. Anyway, I made it, but didn't enjoy it this time, so I added peanut butter to it and it tasted really yummy! And Drew and the kids love it to. I love finding a nourishing treat that I can always keep on hand and offer in-between meals when the kids are hungry (esp when I'm out of raw milk, my stand-by for such times). I have made this fudge recipe before and this one also, so it was kind of a combination of the almond bark and fudge I guess.

It's quite yummy, although the coconut flavor is strong. I used unrefined coconut oil. If you use the refined, it would not be as strong. But it also would not be as nourishing.

This is our mid-morning snack the last few days. A glass of kombucha and some coconut peanut butter fudge. The kids love it! They wouldn't have touched the stuff 6 months ago-we've come a long ways in the last year! Woo hoo!





Coconut Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe (must be kept in the freezer, as the coconut oil melts very quickly)

1 Cup of unrefined coconut oil
1 Cup peanut butter
1/2 Cup of shredded coconut
1/2 Cup of honey
1 tsp celtic sea salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 Cup of slivered almonds (best if soaked and dehydrated)-optional

Put all ingredients in a pan and warm on low until melted. Stir together thoroughly, pour into a pan and freeze. The whole process takes less then 5 minutes.

That's it! it's so easy to do. I made mine about 1/2 inch thick in the pan, and then cut them into 2-bite-sized pieces. That way the kids can eat the whole thing without it melting. They do melt quickly.

Next time I might try it with butter, although the point is to get the coconut oil in you. But with the butter it shouldn't melt as easily.

Drew has been sneaking them all morning. But of course, the peanut butter breath is hard to hide! :)

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by eating coconut fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete