Monday, April 20, 2009

Meal Plan Monday


Menu Plan Monday


I am going to try doing this a little different. I like change for change sake sometimes. :)

Drew's birthday is Monday. I'm so very glad he was born! We will celebrate with his family for supper Monday night. His sister and her husband are leaving for a 2 week trip to Africa on Tuesday, so we're excited to get to see them and pray with them before they leave.

Breakfast: Mostly eggs, bacon, kefir or yogurt and raw milk. One day we do sourdough pancakes and one day we do french toast casserole. Here are a few recipes I'd like to try this week, if I get to them-Sweet Potato Struesel Muffins, and soaked oatmeal blueberry muffins.

Lunch, served with kombucha for all:
Monday: Hot Dogs (Applegate Farms) and French Fries
Tuesday:Quinoa, Feta and Swiss Chard with Coconut Chocolate Cake (I don't want to try the cake with Drew's family, so we'll celebrate his birthday 2 days in a row *grins*)
Wednesday: Chicken Liver Crostini with apple (I'm going out on a limb here, but I want to get creative with liver)
Thursday:

Friday: Pepperoni Pizza (I finally bought Applegate Farm's pepperoni)
Saturday: Garden Salad with poppyseed dressing and leftover meat
Sunday: Roast Chicken and frozen veggies

Supper: Generally leftovers, popcorn and smoothie, PB& honey sandwiches or veggies and PB. I need to work on our suppers. Drew is at work, so it's just the kids and I and I'm not willing to fight many food battles at that point. So I hope to get more creative with this meal soon. Ideally, I'd like to find different toppings/dips for toast, crackers, or cup up veggies. Not JUST PB and Honey all the time. :) I want to try this cheese cracker recipe. And maybe try out a strained yogurt dip, with some garlic and onion powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment