Friday, December 19, 2008

Nourishing Hot Chocolate

Now that it's snowing like crazy out there, I thought it would be a great time to post (and make a 2nd batch of) my current recipe for Hot Chocolate. We've been drinking it alot the last month and really enjoying it. Today it's perfect, I made a big batch so when the kids came in from their first time out in the snow, they had hot chocolate to warm them up. After they had gone out and come back in again, I just warmed up what was left in the pan. But now it's gone, so I'll have to make another batch after I post the recipe. :)

Nourishing Hot Chocolate Recipe

Ingredients:
3 Cups Raw milk
1 TBLS cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
3 TBLS cocoa powder
3 TBLS honey
2 eggs, well beaten (or 3 beaten yolks-healthier, but more expensive/wasteful)
3 Frozen Cubes of Raw Cream

Directions:
Warm up the milk slowly, stirring with a wisk now and then.

Once it's warm, add the vanilla, cinnamon, cocoa powder and honey. Wisk together until well blended.

Beat eggs and pour into hot chocolate mixture. Beat well until the egg is totally blended. If you don't do this part well, there will be little chunks of egg-yuck! The trick is to start beating it (with a wisk) right away and quickly. I stir it for about a minute I think to make sure it's good and blended. If you have egg chunks, just strain them out, it'll taste fine. It adds a great dimension to the milk and makes it so much more nourishing.

Once it's done, I turn the heat off and add 3 or 4 frozen cubes of raw cream. Which makes it incredibly rich, and it cools it down some, AND it adds enzymes.

Truly delectable and nourishing. What more can you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment