Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Meme

Hum, I was 'tagged' for a meme. Not exactly sure what it is, but I can answer the questions. I have to since both of my sister-in-laws (Lauralin and Kelly) did it. The peer pressure is too great to not cave in to! So, here goes...

6 Things I Value:
God-his patience, grace, mercy, love, holiness, and that list will grow as I learn more about Him.

Relationships-my husband, children, family and friends.

Health-something I would struggle with greatly if I were to lose. Having had a bad back for awhile, I came to really appreciate health in a new way and strive to be as healthy as possible (hence this blog).

Truth-I hate being lied to. And I hate misleading someone. I always get neauses afterwards. For one thing, I simply can not remember lies well enough to live them and get away with it. And since I hate being lied to so much, I hate that I would mislead someone else and break their trust.

Freedom-To worship, to teach my children what I feel they need to learn, to eat what I think is nourishing, to read what I want, to believe what I want. I also value freedom from sin, slavery, debt (someday...maybe), fears, lies. Freedom is a truly wonderful thing.

Nature-I love natural things. I strive to be more 'one with the earth', as silly as that sounds. It just makes sense. While I know Jesus will return and create and new heaven and a new earth, I still think it makes sense to take care of the earth he gave us control over. I more and more crave simplicity, making less of a 'footprint' on the earth and learning to live in harmony with how God made things to be. The further we get from it all, the more of a nuisance the little things become. My husband, on the other hand, all for city life. :)


6 Things I Support:

The local church

Marriages

Eating locally sustainably grown food

The family structure, one man and one woman, raising children to glorify God

Parent-led education (homeschooling)

Local Libraries-and snuggling on the couch under a warm blanket while reading amazing picture books to my kids


6 Things I Do Not Support:
McDonalds (ok, I love their ice cream cones!)

Genetic Engineering

Government intervention

Rude drivers

The FDA

Movies with any mean people (and yes, that does include Disney movies)


This was not on the Meme list, but I've been sending it out to friends who sent it to me:

1.Wrapping paper or gift bag? both
2.Real tree or Artificial ? Real-this year it's a small potted Moravian pine tree-I love it!
3.When do you put up the tree? I like it Friday after Thanksgiving, Drew prefers it Dec. 24th, so we settle on or around Dec. 1st
4.When do you take the tree down? Dec. 26th
5.Do you like eggnog? Yuck!
6.Favorite gift received as a child ? I never liked gifts for Christmas. Personal are best-like handmade pictures from my SS kids. :)
7.Hardest person to buy for? We don't buy gifts much
8.Easiest person to buy for? Stocking stuffers for kids we do-and I love that!
9.Do you have a nativity scene ? Small one, but I want a nice one-I loved ours growing up-it was the best
10.Mail or email Christmas cards ? Umm... Christmas cards? What are they?.... I never seem to get to those
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A sweater when I was young-I was heartbroken that I didn't get a toy like my cousins
12.Favorite Christmas Movie ? The Story Lady
13.When do you start shopping for Christmas? I don't really do much of that-and when I do, it's usually Dec. 23rd
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh yes.
15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies and fudge
16.Lights on the tree? Oh yes, I love them and wish I could leave them on year round-and they're colored
17.Favorite Christmas song? Christmas Carol by Oak Ridge Boys
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? We stay local
19.Can you name all of Santa 's reindeer? Probably not
20.Angel on the tree top or a star? Bow
21.Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Stockings Christmas morning, family Christmas Eve
22.Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Too commercial and busy
23.Favorite ornament theme or color ? Anything with meaning and memories-not into ornamental ones
24.Favorite place to go for Christmas dinner? Mother in laws
25.What do you want for Christmas this year? Some special memories and traditions

1 comment: