Monday, December 22, 2008

Meal Plan Monday

Well, I am going to attempt to post my meal plan every Monday. At orgjunkie.com, she has been doing 'Meal Plan Monday' for about a year now. I've been checking in off and on for 6 months. Many are not NT, but can be NTed, and it's just great to see how people plan for the week and to get some new recipes. I won't link in to her 'Mr. Linky' until I feel comfortable with the whole process (and get some variety-esp breakfast, but hah, ya gotta start somewhere!) But I love the idea. I've been keeping my monthly meal plan in Power Point for over a year now and it really helps to organize and to look back at last year's meals for ideas (and esp for encouragment to see how much better I am at providing nourishing meals for my family).

Generally, I make a meal a day (plus breakfast) and the next day, that meal is turned into another meal (often fried together, or put on toast, or something similar), along with my one meal that I make. So I'm only making breakfast and one meal a day, and just being creative with the leftovers from the day before for the other meal. This never actually works out perfectly, but I seem to be getting better at it over time. :) And my 'fill ins' are my homemade bread with PB&J or butter, along with either a smoothie or chocolate milk.

Also, I am trying to get so that I buy our groceries every other paycheck (Drew gets paid every other Friday), so I basically need to get all of our groceries for 4 weeks at once time. Luckily, we have a seperate freezer, otherwise that would not work. And then I buy the fresh veggies every week (about $10 a week-someday we'll grow our own). As a general guideline, it seems to work well. I just need to get more disciplined about following it, etc.

So, here goes, my first 'Meal Plan Monday'


Monday:
B-Cheese Omelet with salsa and sour cream, bacon and raw milk, strawberry yogurt
L-Chicken Curry Soup (made with home made chicken broth) and fresh bread with butter
D-Left over sloppy joes (my MIL makes the best sloppy joes-and we got all the leftovers-yeah!!)


Tuesday-
B-Fried egg, bacon, toast with butter, strawberry yogurt
L-Talapia, onion salad and rice
D-Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches


Wednesday-Christmas EVE
B-Sue Gregg's blender batter pancakes and pure maple syrup and milk
L-Left over sloppy joes
D-Fried fish leftovers from Tuesday

Thursday-Christmas Day
B-make ahead homemade sticky rolls-from my Betty Crocker cookbook
L-Spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread
D-Fried Rice with chicken curry soup

Friday-
B-Cheese Omelet, bacon, strawberry yogurt and milk
L-Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Tomato Soup
D-Leftover Spaghetti and meatballs

Saturday-
B-French Toast, pure maple syrup, strawberry yogurt and milk
L-Pita pizza
D-Tomato Soup over Rice

Sunday-
B-Fried eggs in toast, strawberry yogurt and milk
L-Roast Chicken and buttery green beans
D-Any leftovers from the week and/or PB&J and homemade ice cream




That's it, my first MPM! :)

Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment