Thursday, August 21, 2008

Books and Blogs that I have learned from

Books:


Nourishing Traditions









Eat Fat, Lose Fat









Real Food: What to Eat and Why by Nina Planck
Real Food: What to Eat and Why


Virgin Coconut Oil

The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals
**The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan



In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto
**In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan

**I do not agree with Pollan's views on evolution. I believe the world was created by an Almighty God in 6 days as the Bible describes. However, Pollan's views on many other issues are eye opening and thought-provoking. His books ARE steeped in evolution however-just a warning.



Websites:

NT Yahoo Discussion Group

Eat Fat, Lose Fat-website


WAPF-website


Nourished Magazine-website

Kelly the Kitchen Kop-blog

Cheese Slave-blog

NY Times article on Raw Milk

Washington Post article on Nourishing Traditions eating

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah I wish I lived near you I'd pay you to make everything for me. You've learned a lot I am impressed, but wow how do you take it all in?

    I love you!!! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dearest cousin, I wish I lived closer. How fun to learn together!

    I've taken it in very slowly. I've spent a good 6 months studying nutrition and thinking of very little else to be honest. My kids and husband suffered-but I knew it was necessary for them to NOT suffer long term through improper nutrition. :) Sometimes you have to think long term.

    And God has been very gracious to open my eyes and mind (and heart) as he brought the right things in my path. Life is a journey and if I'm not learning one thing, I'm learning another.

    Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've tried coconut oil... i still want to throw up at the thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, but that is what Myia says about food in general. It's not always a good indicator of whether it's good for a body or not.

    I try to put CO in most things that I cook, even just a small amount. So we get it in our diets somehow. There is also a recipe out there for a type of 'almond bark' made with cocoa, slivered almonds, maple syrup and coconut oil. You freeze it and break chunks off. It's really quite good if you are looking to get more into your diet.

    I've tried straight up on a spoon-I about gagged also. I can handle Cod Liver Oil-but I can't do straight up CO!

    FYI-if anyone is reading this, I got a gallon of the Gold Label from Tropical Traditions-I was very impressed with them all around. It's almost gone and I bought it maybe 4 months ago.

    ReplyDelete