Friday, January 4, 2008

Snack & Dip Container



Myia LOVES to dip. I noticed I could get her to try almost anything once if I let her dip it in cream cheese. So I went searching for a container that made that possible. I found one on The Container Store's website. My husband rolled his eyes when I told him how sure I was that this was the answer to my daughter's horrible eating habits. :) I bought two of them to test my theory. It worked! The kids loved them, and my husband even took them to work. The next week I went out and bought two more.

They're great for on-the-go eating, and just for introducing a picky eater to new things-esp if they love to dip!

The kids now can't wait to see what I put in the middle dipping part. And they will taste anything I put in there. They don't always take a 2nd bite... But I'll take what I can get.

My poor mother came out to visit from Iowa in December and I bought 10 of them and made her fit them in her suitcase to bring back for her, dad and my sister's family.


It's called the

Snack & Dip.



Ideas for what to put in it:

Veggies: carrot sticks (the thinner the better), celery, snap peas, broccoli florets, green pepper wedges, cauliflower, sweet potato chips, cabbage sliced thinly, and my kids will even eat a leaf or two of spinach if I put it in there.

Dip: plain cream cheese, any dip or thicker salad dressing from the grocery store, 1 part mayo (miracle whip) to 2 parts cream cheese and a sprinkle of dried parsley, dill and onion, flavored yogurt, cottage cheese with honey, and their all time favorite-straight Peanut Butter. It's really messy, they're covered in the stuff, so I try to remember to bring a change of clothes. If you mix PB with cream cheese, it's a little less messy, but they don't like it as much. If you google 'veggie dip' you'll get a ton of great ideas!

Sandwiches: My kids like lunch meat rolled up with a piece of cheese inside. Or tortillas with mayo and cheese and ham/turkey. And the ever popular PB&J sandwiches. You have to cut them up into bite size pieces for them to fit-but the kids love that! Any sandwich that you can cut into small pieces will work in it.

Other ideas: Crackers (they have to be small enough to fit-or broken) and cheese chunks in the dipping part-or even a spreadable cheese-port wine, etc. Dried fruit or fruit leather. Pretzels. Sliced fresh fruit (apples, pears, peaches, mangoes).

If you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment