Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dried onion flakes
- 4 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 1 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons teaspoons salt
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine ingredients. Close lid securely, and shake well to mix contents. One half cup is equivalent to 1 (1.25 ounce) package of taco seasoning.
Perfect Pizza Sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 6 ounces warm water
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- Mix the dry ingredients in a container. Cover and store.
- When you are ready to make the sauce, combine the tomato paste, water, honey, Parmesan and anchovy paste (I've never used it) and 1/4 cup of the dry ingredient mixture.
- Sauce should sit for 30 minutes to blend flavors; spread over pizza dough and prepare pizza as desired-good stuff!
Spaghetti Sauce Mix
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons sweet pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cups water
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- Combine the first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year.
To prepare spaghetti sauce: In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Stir in 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce mix, water and tomato paste. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Yield: about 3 cups sauce per batch.